How can I file if he has no SSN and he can't get ITIN because his country does not allow him to mail his passport to show proof to the IRS for ITIN? 5 Answers as of October 07, 2014

I am married to a foreign spouse who has never been to the USA. I must file my taxes. I know my status is married. I need to get my taxes done to get my transcript from the IRS to show proof of my income to the National Visa Center. NVC wants my transcripts and my W-2's. I don't know what to do! Please help me.

Talk to a CPA to find out what you need to do.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
you should file your tax as married but file separately or head of household. No need to get his SS# or TIN#.
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
Go to a tax preparer!!! While you are married, you cannot file a joint return as your husband did /does not reside in the USA. He will get his SS# when he immigrates. You do not need it now.
Just apply for yourself.
This is a matter for a CPA or tax attorney. This is not an immigration question but rather a tax law question.