How can I file for expungement of a false criminal record? 2 Answers as of July 20, 2011

I was charged with felony possesion of stolen property over $500 while visiting my boyfriend who had the property, I was charged since i was in same house. The judge saw ive never been in trouble and was a RN student, so he put me under first time offender removal. I was told this would be completely off, not even visible to medical board. I now know this isn't true. So anything I can do for lawyer giving me false info to take deal. Can I file myself?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
You would be best advised to seek the services of a local criminal defense attorney to assist you in filing an expungement. This process can involve court hearings in addition to paperwork and court filings so it would not necessarily be an easy task to undertake yourself.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/20/2011
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Usually you will need to hire a lawyer to set it for hearing.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: