How can I file contempt in a divorce case? 2 Answers as of August 10, 2011

I would like to file contempt papers asking the court to turn the house back over to me so that I may sell the house in accordance with the courts order. My ex does not even have the house listed. It currently in foreclosure which is stalled and he is living for free and will for several years. He has no motivation to sell because he is living mortgage free. What are my chances in getting the court to give me back the house to sell it myself?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
You can't file a motion for contempt only a motion for enforcement.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/10/2011
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
If the house was awarded to your spouse as part of equitable distribution, the court may not return the home to you. If he was merely awarded the right to remain in the house pending sale, then the court may allow you to re-enter for purposes of selling the house. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: