How can I fight a false accusation of drug dealing? 3 Answers as of November 02, 2010

What happens if someone accuses me of dealing drugs to blackmail me when it is not true? What charges can be made. I loaned a friend some cash for helping her out in what I thought was a rough time for her. I have known this person for years and never thought it would come to this. I thought she was doing house cleaning and when she told me she lost her job she needed help with food and rent.

She asked me for help to get her a ticket for a concert that was coming up. I told her just this once you need to find work. When we got to the concert she tried giving me some pills and I refused them knowing what they were. I refused them and left her after she repeatedly asked me to take them. Since then I have refused to help her with anything and now she is trying to black mail me of dealing drugs because I will not give her money.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Probably the most efficient path is to report this to the police. But if that seems draconian to you perhaps telling her that you will, will solve the problem.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/2/2010
Dennis Roberts, a P.C.
Dennis Roberts, a P.C. | Dennis Roberts
Call the cops and let them know she is dealing dope. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/1/2010
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
If anyone tries to blackmail you, by demanding money to not call the police, you should refuse and then call the police yourself to report the crime of extortion.

If someone is slandering you by false allegations to others of crime, you could sue, but that is something you need to discuss with counsel.

If you are charged with a crime and arrested, what can you do? Defend the charges. Go to court, enter a not guilty plea, arrange bail reduction or OR, set up and attend the court hearing[s] and trial date[s]. File motions as applicable. Raise all the available defenses with whatever admissible and credible witnesses, evidence and facts are available for legal arguments for motions, plea bargaining, or at trial. Go to trial if it can't be resolved with motions or a plea bargain. There is no magic wand to wave and make it all disappear. If you don't know how to do these things, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a decent plea bargain for you. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me. Ill be happy to help you use whatever defenses you may have.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/1/2010
Click to View More Answers: