How can I fight a charge of failure to comply? 2 Answers as of September 07, 2011

Back in April me and my ex girlfriend broke up, And she said I was harassing through communications. I was charged with that and found guilty. Now I got a letter saying I was failing to comply, And issued a summons to appear in court. Because I guess she said she had probable cause. How can I prove I didn't contact her? If she knew my password to my stuff online can I get that dismissed? It is also my first offense, Also am I looking at any jail time or another fine? I Haven't even called her or texted her since April.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
August 18, 2011 If you are alleged to have violated the terms and conditions of your probation (no contact order) and the Court is reasonably satisfied from the evidence that you did so, you could be looking at serving the custodial part of your sentence. Whether it is a first time offense or not the Court will only be interested in determining if a violation occurred. The Court may admonish you and continue your probation or you could be locked up.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 8/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: