How can I fight against a license suspension when it took a city 3 years to send my ticket to the state? 4 Answers as of August 18, 2011

I received a ticket while on a suspended license in 2008. 3 weeks ago I went to court and paid off all fines and received my license back only to get it suspended again a few days ago. The reason: in 2008 when I received the ticket the city never sent the ticket to the state. After paying the ticket off then the city realized their mistake and the state suspended my license again.

Lewis & Dickstein, P.L.L.C.
Lewis & Dickstein, P.L.L.C. | Loren Dickstein
It may be appropriate to appeal to the DLAD. I would need to see your driving record to give you a conclusive answer.
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
You'd potentially need to address that issue through the Secretary of State's administrative process and appeal the suspension. I'd advise that you retain an attorney to assist you with this matter. Yes, it may be worth fighting potentially.
Probably nothing. Your license should have been suspended all this time for not paying off the ticket.
It may be best to have your case reviewed by an attorney and see what can be done. If the ticket that was recently abstracted can be modified so that it does not abstract, then there may be a different result.