How can I expunge misdemeanor mischief in Louisiana? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I punched someone on the face while I was working in a grocery store. His glasses broke and he got a cut near by his eye. He was running away from the store but caught by the police (He used to sell the illegal drugs in the parking lot of the store, and that was the main reason of our fight to begin with, because lot of time I told him not to sell) and brought back to me within 15 minutes. He told the police, that I hit him with the gun, the police search the whole store for two hour, couldn't find any weapons but police arrested me in felony charges. They took me to jail, where store people bailed me out. I got the hearing date and court given me a lawyer appointed by them . I went in the court for every date, almost five or six times but this guy never showed up. In the end court changed felony to misdemeanor mischief. The court asked to pay some fine and court fee and they let me go afterwards. I don't know whether this case is still on my record.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
To have a misdemeanor expunged, contact a criminal defense attorney in your local area who will be able to advise as to the cost of such proceedings and guide you through the process. My firm handles a large number of expungements in Louisiana every year. If you are interested in pursuing an expungement in Louisiana,
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/15/2011
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
You will need to review your court minutes to see if you received the benefit of Article 894. If so, then you are eligible to have it expunged. You will need a lawyer to file and process the pleadings.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: