How can I expunge a DUI? 8 Answers as of June 18, 2012

I wanted to know how to expunge a DUI, juvenile, misdeameanor, Felony and a fee exspunment

Each county has a different procedure and it can be done with or without an attorney. Sometimes you are entitled to an expungement; sometimes it is discretionary with the judge. DUI expungements are discretionary and an attorney could help. He or she would likely seek the route of a formal motion before the court which also could be done much sooner than the administrative way. Costs vary with attorney to attorney. In such things where the lawyer makes a difference you get what you pay for.
I don't know what you are asking. You cannot expunge a DUI. It may be the ONLY crime you cannot expunge. But if it was acquired as a juvenile (that's why your question is unclear) when you turn 18 the record should be SEALED. To see if they did that go back to the Juvi Court where you were convicted and ask the clerk to let you see where they filed the sealing order. If they haven't done it, ask that it be done. And what do you mean by fee expungement?
Law Office of Brian K. Wanerman
Law Office of Brian K. Wanerman | Brian K. Wanerman
1) You must have been sentenced to probation, not prison. 2) You must have completed your probation 3) You must petition the court to expunge the conviction.
While the general rule is Records are forever, some CA convictions can be 'expunged' from criminal records by proper application and Petition to the court, but ONLY IF there was no felony prison time sentenced whether served or not, and if it was not for certain listed sexual crimes, and if all terms of sentencing and at least one year of probation are completed, and if there are no new charges pending. DUI generally may qualify. If successful, the conviction would be withdrawn and the charges dismissed. Expungement does NOT clear, 'remove' or erase the conviction, but does change the record to show 'conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement'. It doesn't disappear. The conviction is still a 'prior' or 'strike' for purposes of repeat offense. It still shows on your record that is accessible to government agencies, law enforcement and the courts, such as through LiveScan. Expungement will help in obtaining and keeping employment. When applying for a job in the private sector, in response to any question concerning your prior criminal record, you may deny that you were arrested or convicted of the offense.
You need to have successfully completed probation and not currently be on any other probation and have no criminal case(s) pending. Contact a lawyer to file the petition for you.
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    You can expunge a 23152 (DUI) with a motion pursuant to PC 1203.4. The fee varies from county to county.
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Juvenile is different than adult, felony is different than misdemeanor, and a DUI expungement is discretionary with the judge. I'm sure fees vary with the nature if the "expungement" there is no such thing anymore - the experience of the attorney, and perhaps, the nature of the case. Contact a criminal defense attorney for a more complete answer.
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
    A 1203.4 motion would be filed after you complete the terms of your probation.