How can I expunge a charge of intent to do great bodily harm? 5 Answers as of August 31, 2011

What would I have to do to get a charge of intent to do great bodily harm off my record?

As long as there are no other charges on your record and it has been at least five years, you can apply for an expungement. You can either do it yourself or hire an attorney. Google "Michigan Set Aside a Conviction" in order to obtain the packet on how to do it yourself.
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
If it is your one & only conviction for anything & you have no other felony or misdemeanor convictions of any kind, you can have this matter expunged after 5 years like any other single conviction. Call my office. I can help.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
To expunge a charge, it is best to hire a lawyer who can work diligently, personally, and professionally on your behalf. Someone like myself who has over 30 years of experience. Feel free to call me with additional questions regarding your matter.
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC | John MacDonald Jr.
It depends.You may apply to have a conviction set aside for any crime except: (1) a conviction of a felony or an attempted felony punishable by life imprisonment; (2) a violation or attempted violation of criminal sexual conduct under MCL 750.520c, MCL 750.520d, or MCL 750.520g; or (3) a traffic offense. If you have had more than one conviction for any offense you cannot apply. You may have only one conviction set aside.

A person may apply to have a conviction set aside when five (5) years have passed since the date he or she was sentenced for the conviction, as long as he or she was not imprisoned. If the person was imprisoned, he or she may apply to have the conviction set aside when five (5) years have passed since being released from the term of imprisonment for that conviction. It is best to consult an attorney to get the specifics. If there is any other way I can be of assistance please let me know. Best of luck.
Assuming you have no other convictions of any crimes, you would file a motion to set aside conviction. This is a complex process where a lawyer is very helpful.