How can I evict tenants in order to sell the house? 5 Answers as of September 03, 2013

I need a form to evict a tenant in order to sell my rental property. We have no lease at this time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
An eviction is a two-step process. First you must serve the tenant with a notice to quit, and then, if the tenant does not vacate within the time allowed, you must file an eviction action. If the tenant has lived there over a year, the tenant is entitled to 60 days notice, and otherwise 30 days notice. If you search the web for California judicial Council forms, you should be able to find a fill in the blank form of eviction complaint. Likewise, you should be able to find a form of summons to serve the complaint. Different counties require the service and filing of additional documents when the eviction action is commenced, so check with the Superior Court in the county in which the property is located. Some Superior Court websites also have Pages that provide additional assistance on handling the details of Eviction action. If you are trying to avoid the cost of using an attorney, the next best approach would be to use a registered unlawful detainer assistant.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/3/2013
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
There are very specific forms and procedures for serving those forms. You should contact an attorney who handles evictions to assist you in this process so that you do not make any mis-steps that could prove costly and may delay your sale.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/3/2013
Gateway Legal Group | Christian J. Albut
Depending on hoe long they have been at you property, you can serve then a 30 day notice to terminate tenancy for less than a year and 60 day notice to terminate tenancy for more than a year. That applies as long as they do not live in a rent control area. You can find those form by looking on the internet they are readily available.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/3/2013
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If there is no written lease, 15 days written notice is required.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 9/3/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You need to go court and file an eviction action.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 9/3/2013
Click to View More Answers: