How can I ensure that I get what I am entitled to in my divorce? 1 Answers as of March 09, 2011

I have been married ten years. Out of the ten years I have been the constant support. I now have become disabled and he is now filing for divorce. I know I need representation. I am very concerned as it is looking as though I will be unable to work, the house will be sold and I will have nowhere to go with no income. He was just eligible for SSI this year and receives $1600.00 + monthly. Am I entitled to half of that? We have dogs and he wants monetary compensation for the dogs that I keep. We own property 3+ acres. He has two cars and a Harley. I have one truck. I have $16,000.00 in debt due to his non working status. I am the holder of Medical insurance and always have been. Do I have to keep him on my policy as he is quite expensive? I truly need guidance and help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
There seems to be a lot of questions and issues. We offer a free consultation either in person or over the phone where I would be happy to answer your questions. One of your issues is going to be alimony, as to being able to live. Contact my office at Arnold & Wadsworth - Utah Attorneys and we will be able to help you.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 3/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: