How can I ensure sole custody of my children? 1 Answers as of July 28, 2011

I've got sole custody in the state of LA of my 3 kids. My oldest son is under temporary custody filed by a notary, not a court, in AR for a year which expires in 8 days. My ex husband wants him and my other son to stay with him. What are my rights as a mother whose trying to keep her children in her custody? What are the father's rights?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
ROWE LAW FIRM | Jeffrey S. Wittenbrink
This is a very complicated question. Sole custody usually involves a situation in which one parent is unfit, or unable to care for children. If the children's "home state" is in Louisiana, relocating them to another state by your ex husband would require his obtaining permission from a court-if he moved them without court permission he could lose custody entirely. You should seek an attorney and file a court proceeding for custody as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: