How Can I drop my charges? 4 Answers as of August 01, 2011

Me and my baby father got into an argument that then turned into a fight. And because of that the police got called and he got arrested and charged but I now want to retract my statement n drop the charges. How do I go about it?

You need to contact the district attorney to try to have the charges dropped.
I cannot advise you to ignore a lawful judicial process. But, if you were to fail to show up at trial then the prosecution might be unable to prove its case without you. Talk to your boyfriend's attorney.
The charges are not yours to drop. That is up to the prosecutor and they may threaten you with making a false report, perjury, or ask for a material witness order and have you brought before the court in custody. You should retain an attorney to handle the matter and retain one for your boyfriend. You should also consider the consequences before you say anything different to the police or prosecutor than you said in any supporting deposition if you singed one at he time he was arrested. If you did not sign a supporting deposition and now refuse to sign one it will make it more difficult for the prosecutor to convert the complaint to an information in order to proceed. Without the formal information the defendant can be released from jail by motion of his attorney. This is why both of you need separate lawyers to protect your rights.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
Not easy to do. Speak to the DA.