How can I drop the child support? 1 Answers as of June 07, 2012

My sons father and i are getting married, how do we drop the child support?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Lynda H. LeBlanc
Law Office of Lynda H. LeBlanc | Lynda Leblanc
You and the father need an agreed order to set child support to $0 per week. You will need to attach a child support worksheet, and then say that you are deviating from the support guidelines, because you and the father are living together and getting married. If there is a child support arrearage you will want to either agree that you are forgiving the arrearage, or set it at a certain amount, but suspend payment of it (or make him pay you for it). If he is current on support, then you just state that there is no arrearage. This is something that you can do on your own, but if you have an attorney do it for you, it will most likely get done much faster and without having to go to court.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 6/7/2012
Click to View More Answers: