How can I divorce my husband in the Philippines? 6 Answers as of May 15, 2014

Is that possible? Does he have to be here?

Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson | John F. Nicholson
If you meet residency requirements of 6 months in California you can file a divorce here but you may need to serve your husband through the procedure of The Hague Convention.
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
You can file your action here if this is your residence, you would have to personally serve him.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
No. He does not have to be here.
Your husband does not have to be here. The court can at least grant you the jurisdictional right to terminate your marriage. If there are property division issues, the court may not have personal jurisdiction over your husband to divide those assets if he has no legal contacts in California. Please meet with experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.
B. Stuart Walker Law Office
B. Stuart Walker Law Office | Brian Stuart Walker
Yes you can divorce your husband in the Philippines. He does not have to be here. Properly serving him with the divorce papers is the important thing in cases like yours. If he will cooperate and send you back a notice and acknowledgement of receipt - that is the easiest way. If he is not cooperative or you do not know where he is more expensive means are required. e.g. personal service, service by publication.