How can I divorce my American wife while I live overseas and I am not a US citizen? 5 Answers as of April 22, 2014

I'm not a US citizen and I got married in the USA in 2007 to a US citizen. Then we got separated and I left the USA and went back to my country. I don't know anything about my wife for almost 4 years and I want to get a divorce. Can I file a divorce from overseas because I don't have a visa to come back and divorce her?

James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
You could possibly divorce he from the country you live in. Check with a local attorney.
Sure. Although it may be easier to hire an attorney in the U.S. and divorce her where she lives here.
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
You can file for a divorce in the state in which she is a bona fide resident.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
1. Look at the law of the country in which you are living. You may be able to get relief there. 2. If no relief in the home country look at the state where she is living. If she agrees to the divorce, and she is in Florida, you may be free in as little as 30 days.
David A. Browde, P.C.
David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
You can either divorce under the laws of your country or file a divorce case in the state in which your spouse lives. You'll need an attorney to file in the United States.