How can I defend myself against someone who is suing me for a car accident? Posted on July 27, 2011

I was involved in a collision with a motorcyclist around this time last year. I was in the far right turning lane and he was in the left lane next to me which was also a turning lane. Without looking back, he cut into my lane while we were turning. I slammed on my brakes, but he was too close to my car for me to prevent hitting him. He fell off of his motorcycle but then sprang up from the ground demanding that I pull over. I did not have insurance at the time of the accident. He lied to the police officer, telling him that we were in the same lane and we both turned the corner, then I carelessly rear ended him. He and his insurance company have a lawyer and they are suing me for almost $7000. How can I defend myself?