How can I defend against a theft of schedule II drugs? 5 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I live in a large house that has separate apartments inside of it for each resident. If I am really sure my roommate in one of the other apartments stole a large amount of Schedule II drugs from me (that were prescribed legally to me), is there anything I can do about it? I believe she has intent to sell them for profit. For instance, would a police officer be able to get a warrant to search her room just on my word or belief that she was in possession of it? It is a crucial medication to me that I need every day, so I feel like I am out of luck.

Report it.to the police and let them take it from there.
Your only course of action is to tell the police, unless you want to talk to your landlord first. The police will evaluate whether they feel there is enough evidence to move forward. If there isn't, then you will have to gather your own evidence. Feel free to call me. Good luck.
Yes, you can file a police crime report and request investigation and prosecution. That wont get back your drugs, at least not quickly.
Calling the police won't get your drugs back but if you want to report the theft as a crime of which you were the victim that is your decision and a personal one at that since you are still living with your roommate. You might want to find another place to live or another roommate.
If you are missing narcotics for which you have a prescription written by a licensed medical doctor, see a cop. explain the living conditions.