How can I correct my incorrectly filed bankruptcy? 14 Answers as of July 14, 2011

A bankruptcy service filed documents incorrectly for me, how can I fix this now?

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
You can file an amended petition or amended schedules as needed. It would be a good idea to hire competent bankruptcy counsel asap.
1. Hire a competent bankruptcy attorney 2. Have the attorney file appropriate amendments with the court.
Financial Relief Law Center
Financial Relief Law Center | Mark Alonso
File an amended petition.
Law Offices of Dennis Baranowski
Law Offices of Dennis Baranowski | Dennis Baranowski
Unfortunately, individuals that do not utilize the assistance of an attorney are faced with numerous issues when utilizing bankruptcy services from providers that are not attorneys, including incomplete filings and incorrect or contradictory information provided in the filing. Depending on the problem with your filing, the fix could merely be filing amendments to the filing or there could be more extensive steps that need to be taken in order to protect you. An experienced bankruptcy attorney could assist you with any necessary steps to remedy your issues, including the filing amendments to your bankruptcy.
Well, I don;t know exactly what mistake they made. All they are supposed to do is type up what you give them. They can not correct your mistakes or give you legal advice. Probably time to see a lawyer, especially if you filed a Chapter 13 case.
    CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE).
    CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE). | Gary Lee Lane
    Get paperwork corrected to the court.
    Law Office of Harry L Styron
    Law Office of Harry L Styron | Harry L Styron
    You can file amended schedules.
    Bankruptcy documents can be changed by filing an amendment. There may be small cost of filing, about $26.
    Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
    Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
    Either file the correct documents or allow your case to get dismissed and re-file it with the correct documents and explain all of this to the trustee. This is why we don't do our own bankruptcy cases and we should hire a competent attorney to represent us.
    Law Office of Asaph Abrams
    Law Office of Asaph Abrams | Asaph Abrams
    Amendments or re-filing of erroneous schedules/statements are permitted, but they are not straightforward; they can be time-consuming, costly, and subject to challenge. So you avoid piecemeal attempts to undo the damage, it's best to retain counsel for a comprehensive solution.
    Bird & VanDyke, Inc.
    Bird & VanDyke, Inc. | David VanDyke
    I always say you get what you pay for. You need to find out what needs to be amended and amend it. Go back to your "document preparers" and file the amendments. Hopefully your issues are something that can be fixed. Good luck.