How can I copyright my website? 4 Answers as of September 16, 2015

Is it difficult for an individual running a website to copyright that website and its content? I run this site by myself and do not have an unlimited budget, so I would like to do this as cost effective as possible.

Microtechnology Law & Analysis | Daniel Flamm
Proper guidance requires a complex response. Anything you independently create and place into the tangible media storing the website is copyright under US law once it is stored (on a server or computer disk etc.). But there are many considerations and actions you can take- the best course of action will depend on what you wish to accomplish.
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
Your original website content is protectable by copyright. Visit the US Copyright Office website - www.copyright.gov. The original authorship appearing on a website may be protected by copyright. This includes writings, artwork, photographs, and other forms of authorship protected by copyright. Procedures for registering the contents of a website may be found in Circular 66, Copyright Registration for Online Works.
The parts of your web site that are copyrightable are already protected. In the U.S., copyright occurs the instant you place your original material in a fixed medium. However, you can also register that copyright with the U.S. Copyright Office in the Library of Congress it's quick and inexpensive. I would also include the traditional copyright notice on your site the year, the copyright symbol (c in a circle), and your name or business name. It's not required by law but it does give everyone warning that you are protecting your work.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
There are generally three identifiers for a copyright. 1) The name of the person or company that want to protect the artistic expression. 2) A date of creation or publishing 3) The (c) symbol Our copyright would look like this (c) 2015 Buhler & Associates Patenting You can also obtain and file for a copyright at: http://www.copyright.gov/