How can I come to the US? 3 Answers as of May 18, 2011

Im married to an American for more than a month now. We've known each other for almost 2 years and he went to the Philippines twice. He lost his job after visiting the Philippines (We got married) because he exceeded the number of days he filed in his company for his vacation and didnt call them. We dont know how he can get me there because he got no job. I am sending him money a bit to help him since I have a job that pays fine, and is able to send him 100 usd every 2 weeks, to help him a bit, unusual case, isnt it? We dont know how to start getting me there.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
He just needs to get on with it. He should file the petition for you; in fact he should have done it yesterday. The money part will take care of itself once you get over here since it looks like you are an industrious woman. His relatives or friends can file an I-864 AOS for you together with his, so long as they can show enough money on their returns to support you too for the required amount of time. The whole point for it is make sure that you will not become a public charge of the US. What they have to do is calculate the number of people they are already supporting, then add you to the total and look up on Form I-864P what the US Government says is the right amount of income for that size family. Please go to to get the I-864P. I see no big issues here. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Your spouse can start the three step green card process for you. He or she will need to locate a joint sponsor for the financial requirement or meet the asset test. Both of these are outlined in the 864 form instructions.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
You claim that "we don't know how to start getting me there." Perhaps, it's only you who are thinking about that. And, yes, it is a bit unusual, but if I were you I would be very careful about continuing to send this $200 monthly stipend to the Mainland under the circumstances which you've described. (FYI, if your American husband was really serious about bringing you over here, he would've already applied for a K-3 visa for you, job or no job, in my opinion.)
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: