How can I collect on a slip and fall accident? 4 Answers as of February 27, 2011

I had a slip and fall accident at Wall Mart on Wednesday which resulted to a sprain ankle. Since my ankle is still tender and sour I have not been able to go to work. So my question is Wall Mart liable to pay me some kind of compensation for the lost wages and pain and discomfort that I am going through. If the answer is yes I went to know how to go about getting the compensation.

David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
you need a lawyer if your injury is serious Walmart doesn't voluntarily pay.
Kirshner & Groff
Kirshner & Groff | Richard M. Kirshner
Depends what caused you to fall and if you are seeking any medical treatment.
Wal-Mart is only responsible if they were negligent. You would have to know what you slipped on, and prove that Wal-Mart knew of the slippery substance being there or they should have known of it had they been periodically inspecting the area where you fell. Wal-Mart fights these things bitterly, so with only an ankle sprain, I doubt seriously that you could get an attorney to take the case.
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates | Lyle B. Masnikoff
You need to hire a personal injury attorney