How can I collect my last check after quitting and where do I begin? 4 Answers as of June 02, 2015

I quit my job yesterday and I was supposed to get paid today but they did not want to give me my check. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I would contact the HR Department and ask about your check. If that gets you nowhere, contact the US DOL, Wage and Hour Division. They are usually located in the nearest Federal Building. Please note: message attached.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 6/2/2015
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
First make a demand from your former employer to be paid on the next payroll date and ask if you can pick up your paycheck on a specific date. If that does not work, file a wage claim, i.e. Labor Standard Complaint, with the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division (ERD). Attached are the form and informational documents related to file your wage claim. If the ERD is unable to help you get your final paycheck, contact an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/2/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You have a wage and hours claim under most circumstances. What are they asking you to do or claiming as the basis for denying you your wages?
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/1/2015
That would depend on why they do not want to give you the pay check. Also, you do not state where you worked - what state. The answer would depend on which state - different states have different laws. Perhaps you could resubmit your question, and include which state and why will they not pay you.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/1/2015
Click to View More Answers: