How can I clear a Haitian medical relief workers record so that he can come to the US for training? 3 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I have been doing medical relief in Haiti and have a trusted assistant there who has been absolutely excellent. We need to bring him up for training but he got in trouble in the 90s as a young man. Is there a way I can clear his name so that he can get a travel VISA for short trips? I have his name and case number. Thanks, it's guys like him who are the future of the medical effort in Haiti as the big groups pull out in droves.

We would need to know what the incident was and have certified court records on it. Then he would need to qualify for a nonimmigrant visa status to come here. If the incident is at all serious he will need a waiver as well.
Without knowing what type of trouble he got into and how old he was at the time there is no way to answer your question. Certain conduct, even if not criminal can make a person inadmissible to the US. If so, then may be eligible for a waiver. However, all it depends on what did in the 90's that is causing the problem now.

As to "clearing his name," if you mean removing any criminal convictions, that can only be done through the court where he was convicted.
He can apply for B1 visa at consulate in Haiti.