How can I claim my grandson as a tax dependent? Posted on October 05, 2010

My son and grandson have both been living with me for over a year. My son is divorced and has shared custody with his ex wife. My son is out of work and I do not charge rent and pay most expenses. Currently, the ex wife is claiming my grandson as her dependent as per the decree. How do I go about claiming my grandson as my own dependent?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: