How can I charge my husband for abandonment? 3 Answers as of November 08, 2017

My husband of 30 years abandoned me with no money and stole my car after he totaled his truck. I am disabled and elderly.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes and you should file for alimony and return of your vehicle sling with requesting half of the marital property and half his pension if he has one.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 11/8/2017
Kiske Law Office, LLC | Anne Kiske
Typically, when a person, without good cause, shall abandon his or her spouse, and refuse or neglect to maintain and provide for him or her, the circuit court, on his or her petition for that purpose, shall order and adjudge such support and maintenance to be provided and paid by such person for the spouse and the spouse's children, or any of them, by that marriage, out of his property, and for such time as the nature of the case and the circumstances of the parties shall require, and compel the person to give security for such maintenance, and from time to time make such further orders touching the same as shall be just, and enforce such judgment by execution, sequestration of property, or by such other lawful means as are in accordance with the practice of the court; and as long as said maintenance is continued, the person shall not be charged with the spouse's debts, contracted after the judgment for such maintenance.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 11/8/2017
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You can file for a divorce and have a right to a share of marital assets.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 11/7/2017
Click to View More Answers: