How Can I Change Who Has Power of Attorney? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

Years ago, my Mother got power of attorney over me while I was incarcerated. I am now married and want my wife to have power of attorney. Does my mother still have this power and if so, how do I go about changing that?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Martinson & Beason, PC
Martinson & Beason, PC | Douglas C Martinson II
It is easy to do. You either tear it up or file a written Revocation and file in the Probate Court of your county and notify the banks you have revoked it. You should also notify her that you are revoking it so she has notice. You can then execute a Power of Attorney to your wife. However, it is not necessary that you give someone a PoA unless you want them to handle your financial affairs.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: