How can I change the status of someone facing deportation? 1 Answers as of June 08, 2011

My fiance overstayed his visa. He came here in 97' to go to school, and now he is facing deportation. He has a possession of marijuana charge that is over 30 g. He cannot bond out. Is there any way to adjust his status? Or to get him released?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
This is a complicated question. You need to see an experienced immigration attorney in your area that can help you to look at somehow amending or vacating the criminal conviction. It sounds like you may already know that there are no waivers for drug crimes unless it is possession of marijuana with less than 30 grams. If the conviction is recent and he was picked up at the end of the sentence or doing the probationary period, there is no way to get bond from the immigration court, but depending on where you live, parole or bond may be available from the local district ICE office. I really advise you to seek a true consult where more information can be given and received.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: