How can I change my status and get a green card? 4 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I came over from the UK last year and got married to a US Citizen. My wife is registered Disabled and receives $844.00 a month. Once the rent, electric, gas etc is paid we live off $94 a month. Is there anyone who can help me receive my change of status and my green card so I will be able to work and live like a normal married couple? please help any advice would be so helpful. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
You can find a family member or friend (who must be USC or permanent resident) to be a co-sponsor. Or if you and your wife have assets, you can use the assets to meet the financial support requirements.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/13/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Your wife can petition for you, but will need a joint sponsor to sign a separate affidavit of support as she cannot show she has the funds to meet the USCIS minimum for your family size.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/13/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Your wife can file a petition for your permanent residency visa (I-130) and for a change of status (I-485) at the same time. Your difficulty will be in the affidavit of support. If she is receiving disability, your wife does not have the income to pledge to support you, and she probably has few assets. Perhaps there is someone who will give you the affidavit of support, such as one of your wife's relatives or one of your church members.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/10/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
You can qualify for adjustment of status. I have helped many citizens of the UK become green card holders. You will need to meet with a lawyer though as the requirements are extensive. I may be able to offer you a heavily discounted rate on your case if you qualify.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: