How can I change my name if I am an illegal alien? 3 Answers as of January 26, 2011

I am in the country illegally. I changed my last name in order to get a visa into the country. I need to change my last name back to my birth name in order to get my new passport and greencard. How do I go about doing this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I would need to know all the facts to make sure you are not committing fraud. Did you do a legal name change to get the visa?

I would be happy to consult with you but we do charge for consultations. I can be contacted as indicated below.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/26/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Go back to the land from whence you illegally came and try to do it from there.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/20/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
You cannot legally do what you are attempting. If you continue and get caught you could be looking at five years in a Federal Prison and then deportation. I recommend you seek legal counsel immediately.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 1/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: