How can I change my immigration status? 10 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I came in to the us with a B2 I94 which is a visitors visa but i want to permanently stay here is it possible. I am from Cuba.

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
After you have been here one year and one day you can file for adjustment of status under the Cuban adjustment act.
You may be eligible under the Cuban Adjustment Act. General requirements are:

. They have been present in the United States for at least 1 year

. They have been admitted or paroled

. They are admissible as immigrants

I would be happy to assist with your case. We do charge for consultations $350 per hour - but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for further work on your behalf after the consultation. My contact information follows.
Yes, if you are from Cuba you may be eligible for special consideration. Best to arrange to consult with an attorney who handles immigration matters for further advice on this issue.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Under the Cuban Refugee Adjustment Act, you may apply for permanent residency in the U.S. one year after you have been inspected, admitted, or paroled into the country. As you mentioned that you had entered with a B-1 and were given an I-94, you may adjust your status one year after you entered the U.S.
If you have been in the U.S. for more than one year you may apply for legal permanent residence under the Cuban Refugee Adjustment Act even if you have no fear of returning to Cuba. Also, you can file for asylum or withholding of removal if you were or fear you will be persecuted if you return to Cuba.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    You should speak to a lawyer about the Cuban Adjustment Act. One year after admission on your B-2, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residence, assuming you are otherwise admissible to the U.S. and have no other problems that you have not disclosed in this post.
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
    If you are from Cuba, you can apply for the green card in the United States. Green card is permanent resident status. There is a law for Cuban to apply for the green card. You should contact an immigration attorney directly to see what can be done for you.
    Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
    Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
    If you are from Cuba, you may be eligible to file for asylum or for adjustment of status under an old law which allows for the adjustment of Cuban nationals. It all depends upon when you arrived here in the US. Your best bet is to consult a qualified immigration attorney who can review your immigration history and recommend the best strategy for you to obtain permanent residence here.
    There are many ways. Which way is good for you depends on what you have in your background. You should consult a lawyer to decide with you and pursue it. Good luck!
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    Wait for one year after date of entry, then file your adjustment under the Cuban Adjustment Act. (lucky you!)