How can I change the child visitation schedule? 3 Answers as of November 08, 2011

I recently moved 4 hours away from my ex-husband. We have a parenting plan based on a 1 hour drive. He wants to keep the plan the same, drive and pick them up, then take them over to his place on Friday night. Come Sunday, he wants me to drive the trip and pick them up. It's an 8 hour round trip in good weather. I have tried to figure out a better parenting plan with him, but he is manipulative, and won't agree with anything. He is retired and has nothing better to do.

Law Office of Michael W. Bugni
Law Office of Michael W. Bugni | Jay W. Neff
Well, if you and your "ex" cannot change the parenting plan by agreement, then, you will need to file a petition to modify the parenting plan.
Wolfstone, Panchot & Bloch, P.S., Inc.
Wolfstone, Panchot & Bloch, P.S., Inc. | Mark Brown
In Washington state, the Relocation of Children Act, RCW 26.09.405 to .480, establishes the procedure for modifying the Parenting Plan residential schedule when a change in residence of the child makes the existing schedule impractical. Your existing Parenting Plan probably contains a summary of this statute in section 3.13 of your court order. You should consult with a attorney regarding you options under this Act.
Petition the court to modify your plan. Your plan probably requires an alternative dispute resolution process first.