How can I cancel my sponsorship of a child after a GC is issued? 5 Answers as of August 01, 2011

After receiving her GC thru family-based sponsorship 3 month ago, my niece moved away with a boy friend without a forwarding address. She is over 21 and claims love is stronger than family bond. Her only financial means is the promises from the boy friend who himself is financed by parents. Not being able to contact her, can I notify USCIS that she refuses my support and contacting her? Her parent would prefer she return to her home country.

Unfortunately the agreement you made with the government is valid regardless of your relationship changes.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
If you filed affidavit of support for her(and/or herparents), you are responsible to pay the government back if she receives means tested benefits. You are off the hook only if: 1, she dies; 2, she leaves the US; 3, she becomes a US citizen and 4, she earns 40 social security credits after 10 years working in the US.
If she has her permanent residence, then there is nothing at this time that you can do with the USCIS. If you are the joint sponsor and have filed an I-864, you remain liable on the affidavit of support.
You can't. The financial aspect continues for ten years or until the person is a USC.
Unfortunately after she is legally granted green card, there is nothing you can do. You only hope that she does not stay in the country and thereby is considered abandoning her green card. As her financial sponsor, unfortunetly you will have to be responsible for her if she obtain public benefit and the government pursue you for repayment. Your best bet is to find her.