How can I cancel a child support order if my daughters father and I have reconciled? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

My daughter's father and I were separated and at that time I was receiving medicaid. Because of that, the attorney general's office took it upon themselves to file a non-agreed child support order on my daughter's father even though we had things worked out without having to file and we were at the time going to counseling to try and work on getting back together. Now we are back together and living together and no longer have medicaid and there is no need to have a child support order. We aren't married and never have been but I was told that is they only way to cancel it. We do intend to but would like a nice wedding and do not want to go to a courthouse and do it that way just to cancel my child support case. What else can I do to cancel it? Please help!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
This is a simple matter. File a Motion to Modify with the Court and an agreed order.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: