How can I bring my wife to the US if given a job opportunity? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I may be offered a job in the US (I will find out in about a week), and if I am offered it, I want to know how I can bring my Costa Rican wife with me as quickly as possible. She is about 6 months pregnant. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
The company needs to sponsor you an employment visa. You will apply a visa for your wife based on that.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/22/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Your wife would be eligible for a visa as a derivation. As an example, if you are issued an H1B, she would be eligible for an H4. However, given the processing times for any visa, neither yours nor hers would be issued before the baby is born.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: