How can I bring my wife to the US? 2 Answers as of March 11, 2011

I am a green card holder from DV. I want to bring my wife in USA. So how long does it take to bring my wife? How I can file? I heard the law has changed to get spouse for green card holder too. Is that true?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
As a green card holder, your petition can be approved in 4-6 months, but your wife will have to wait, as under priority level 2A, for about 4 years.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Better become a citizen first, otherwise, as a green card holder it could take years. Once you're a citizen, you would then apply for a K-1 visa in behalf of your wife.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 3/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: