How can I bring my son here on a visa? 1 Answers as of April 26, 2011

My ex husband filed petition for my 16yers old son. Now he gave me divorce. I already paid visa fee for my son. Now what should I have to do to bring my son to in US. I have conditional green card with me. Which will expire in 2012

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Unfortunately, the petitioner, your ex-husband, controls your son's case and if he does not wish to proceed on it, or will not file the required documents, then your son will not receive his visa.

You can file an petition for your son even though you are a Conditional Resident. Then after your file to remove your condition, and your son's priority date becomes current, he can immigrant based on your petition.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: