How can I bring my mother to the US? 14 Answers as of August 25, 2011

I am a green card holder. My husband is a US Citizen. How can bring my mother 63 years old here in the US she is the Philippines right now. What is the fastest way to do so she can get here? I am 5 kids and haven't get a chance to visit my mom for 5 years now because it so expensive for all of us to buy a ticket. I want my kids to meet their grandmother. I hope u can help me, so I know want kind of paper I need to file for her to get here.Thank u so much

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
When you become a U.S. citizen you can petition for her.
Unfortunately you cannot petition her until you become a U.S. citizen. For her to come sooner she would need to qualify in one of the many nonimmigrant visa categories - visitor, student, investor.
You need to become a U.S. citizen in order to petition for your mother.
You will have to wait until you are a US citizen to be able to petiton for your mother. No other way.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You need to naturalize before you can petition for your mother.
    There is no immigrant visa category for the parent of an LPR. Naturalize and after you are a US citizen, you can petition for her.
    The answer to your questions depends upon if you wish to bring your mother her for a visit or wish to petition for her to receive immigration benefits. If you are only looking for her to receive a visitor visa, then you and/or your husband can send an invitation for her. She will have to apply for her visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. She will be interviewed and must convince the officer that she intends to return to the Philippines when her visa expires. If you are looking to bring her here as a resident, you cannot petition for her until you become a U.S. citizen. At which point, you could request an immigrant visa on her behalf.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    Well you could have her try to get a visitor's visa or depending on how long you've had your green card (3 yrs or more) file for your citizenship and then file for your mom.
    Hugo Florido ESQ.
    Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
    You can't apply for an immigrant visa for your mother if you're an LPR. I would suggest filing for Citizenship, if you qualify, and the Petitioning for your mother as a USC. The process presently takes about 4 months in Florida.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Your mother can apply for a tourist visa to visit you. She must file an application with U.S. Consulate and submit proof that she has strong ties back home that make it likely for her to return and she can afford visiting without working in the U.S.
    Law Office of Jaclyn Miller
    Law Office of Jaclyn Miller | Jaclyn Miller
    You should consider filing for US citizenship yourself.
    Montefalcon Law Offices
    Montefalcon Law Offices | Alberto G. Montefalcon, Jr.
    There are no Family Based immigration options available to parents of green card holders. Your US citizen spouse may not petition for his mother-in-law either. The best and only option is for you to obtain US citizenship and then petition for your mom. By then, she would qualify as an immediate relative, who will not be subject to any quota limitation. That means, when your petition is approved she apply for a visa at the US Consular office in Manila without any delay. Alternatively, if she is in the US under any valid non-immigrant visa, she may apply for an Adjustment of Status at the same time you petition for her or while such petition is pending or already approved.
    Law Offices of Sally Amirghahari
    Law Offices of Sally Amirghahari | Sally Amirghahari
    You must become a U.S. Citizen first, then you can apply for your mom to get a green card through you. She can always try to apply for a tourist visa to visit you guys here in the U.S., but her chance of getting a tourist visa is not that good since her immediate family reside in the U.S. When will you be eligible for citizenship? I am assuming you have already been married for 3-years. Call my office if you need help with your citizenship application and process. I hope the above information is helpful.
    Yoo & Lee, LLP
    Yoo & Lee, LLP | Winston W. Lee
    After you get your citizenship, you can petition for her. That's probably the fastest way.