How can i bring my Mother and Father to the U.S.A.? 2 Answers as of July 12, 2011

I have a Green card can i sponcer my mother and father? I'm 36 years old married to Military 2 years. He will deploy soon and i need my mother for child care when my husband is gone. Can i clame hardship?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Only U.S. citizens can petition for their parents. How long have you had your green card - you can file for your citizenship 2 years and 9 months after your PR was granted? There are favorable terms for military spouses to naturalize and we can look into whether you might qualify for this if you are not yet eligible to naturalize as the spouse of a U.S. citizen. We can also look at other visas your parents might qualify for but "child care" is considered work so you need to be careful.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/12/2011
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You must first naturalize to be able to sponsor your parents. If you obtained your green card through your husband, you can file a naturalization application after 33 months of becoming a permanent resident if you still live together and have the required physical presence.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: