How can I bring my husband to the US as a green card holder? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2011

I am green card holder and I want to make file for my husband. How much time until he can come with me? Which documents are required?

There are several steps to the process. The first step is to file an I-130 to show you are a permanent resident and you are married to him, that all prior marriages have been terminated and you have a good faith marriage. By filing the I-130 you establish a place in line. The category is FB-2a and there is a quota in this category. The State Department monthly publishes a Visa Bulletin which will tell you what date the FB-2a category is working on based on your husband's country of birth:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5337.html

Currently this category is allocating visas to cases filed on or before January 1, 2007 but several months ago they were working on August 2010 cases so it goes backwards and forwards. You should apply for your U.S. citizenship at the soonest opportunity as then you can upgrade his case to immediate relative and you will already have the first stage out of the way. This is a complex process and we would be happy to assist you. Contact me directly and I can advise the procedures, fees, and timing.
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL | Donna Nanan
Answer: You can apply for your husband on a K fianc visa if you are a green card holder. The time varies depending on your location and other factors. You would be required to provide documents proving that you are married or intend to marry within 90 days of your husband's entry into the US.
It depends on a lot of factors. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney to assess your situation.