How can I bring my husband to the US as a citizen? 6 Answers as of June 01, 2011

I m a Bangladeshi and USA green card holder. I got green card through contact marriage. I got green card at March 2011. After that I go back to Bangladesh and gave divorce to my fake husband and the next day I marry to my boyfriend. And I came back to USA. Now when I can apply for my newly married husband to come USA? How can I apply for my present husband? How many days it will take to bring my present husband here? Is there any short process and is there any problem that I gave divorce to my fake husband in Bangladesh?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Your fake marriage will be very damaging to you. Your green card may be revoked if someone reports you. You will have a hard time to prove your current marriage. You have to work with a good lawyer to save you. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/1/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
If you got married to obtain a green card, you have committed marriage fraud, which is a felony. This is a very serious offense and can have serious consequences to you and your "fake" husband. Since you got a divorce so quickly, you will very likely face heightened scrutiny if you apply for your current husband. You should seek the advice and assistance of an immigration attorney because you face some very serious consequences entered in bad faith the marriage through which you obtained your green card.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/1/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" husband. Your question will require that you consult with an immigration lawyer. The facts need to be looked in more detail to make sure your husband can qualify. You will not be able to bring your husband "as a citizen." No one goes from no immigrant status to citizen. He will have to get a conditional green card first and follow the process.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/1/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
As you married your previous husband only for an immigration benefit and not to have a shared life together as husband and wife you have violated U.S. immigration law. Marriage fraud is a very serious immigration violation. I advise you to relinquish your U.S. permanent residence and return to your home country.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/1/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
There is a huge problem for you, that being your "fake husband." This is immigration fraud, and based on the facts you gave you will almost certainly be caught in the near future. Any immigration attorney that works with you will also be committing fraud.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/1/2011
    Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
    Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
    There is no special fast process. You will definitely be questioned about your marital history because the timeline is indicative of fraud (which you are admitting). You need to consult with an immigration attorney before proceeding with any applications because you could wind up being charged with fraud.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 6/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: