How can I bring my husband to the US? 4 Answers as of May 19, 2011

I need some guidances, my husband and I were married in 2006, I am a US citizen and he is not, he was here on a work permit however it expired and he went back to Trinidad. I visited a few times and now I have a baby born 5/5/11. It is totally hard for us financially, we don't have the filing fees to file the forms, I really need help to get him here so he can be with his family and part of his baby's life. Any suggestion? I am new to this and have no one to help us.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
There is a fee waiver but it is unlikely that you will qualify for it while being eligible to bring him here. You lose nothing by trying. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/19/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You really need to get the money situation handled because without it will be very difficult on too many fronts to get your husband here. You can always try to file a request for waiver of fees form I-912 with USCIS and see what happens. But then you will still have the consular fees to pay, not to mention your lawyer. Only do this with a lawyer. Ultimately, if the money part is not handled, your husband may be considered a probable public charge and be denied. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
A US Citizen can file an I-130 for non-citizen spouse. USCIS will send a Notice of Action indicating receipt of the Petition. The US Citizen can then file an I-129F to obtain a K-3 visa on behalf of the non-citizen spouse. Once the non-citizen spouse enters the US on the K-3, an adjustment of status needs to be filed to get a green card. If you are having difficulty paying for the filing fees or for an attorney, you should call a nonprofit legal aid provider to assist you. If you do not know what needs to happen, you should seek the assistance of counsel.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/16/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Unfortunately, I cannot tell you that you that you can waive your fees, that can't be done. However, if you can, you can certainly petition for him, and you can get others to act as co-sponsor for him. That is especially the case if you yourself are living with him in Trinidad, or if not. At any rate, I can help with getting your husband to obtain legal residency. If you would, feel free to call or e-mail me to set up a phone consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: