How can I bring my fiance to U.S. when I do not have a job? 9 Answers as of January 16, 2011

I met my fiance in Iran when I went to take care of my mother who had cancer. The process took so long (9 months) until she got better and I could come back to the U.S. and now since I came back, I still have no job. I am trying to bring him here, but do not know how!?

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You need to file a petition, and obtain an sponsor for the affidavit of support.
It is quite possible to bring him here. You may need other co-sponsors to qualify you financially with your fiancee (and you have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify), get your income level above 125% of poverty level. I would be glad to help, if you have not obtained an attorney (and you will need one, to get your fiancee out of Iran). If you would like, please feel free to contact me to schedule a phone or in-person consultation to discuss your situation. Best to you.
If you do not have a job, you will need to have a co-sponsor who will be able to guarantee that your fianc will not be a public charge when he arrives in the U.S. The first stage petition will take several months so you have some time to begin employment which you can then show at the time of the Affidavit of support.
File an I-130 but the cost is $1100.00.
If your concern is only that you don't have a job, if you can find a co-sponsor, you may be able to get your fiance over. However, there is no guarantee. The law requires the sponsor to support the beneficiary from getting public charge within 10 years.

In addition, I think your concern should include burden to prove your relationship. Either way, you should hire a lawyer to assist you on this case.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    If you are a US citizen, you can file a petition to bring him as a fianc but you will eventually need a joint sponsor if you are unemployed.
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
    You need to find a co-sponsor who must be a US citizen or permanent resident and must have enough income or assets.
    You can petition your fiance by filing an I-129K (Fiance Petition). Since you are unemployed you will need a co-sponsor when it comes time to file the Affidavit of Support. A co-sponsor can be a relative or friend, and must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident, and be over 18 years old.
    Messing Law Offices, P.L.C.
    Messing Law Offices, P.L.C. | John Messing
    You may be able to get a joint sponsor who qualifies financially if you do not have income or sufficient assets to qualify yourself. For detailed information, please visit http://www.messinglawoffices.com/affidavit_of_support Without a retainer agreement with this office, there is no attorney client relationship, confidentiality of the attorney client relationship, or responsibility of this office for the case.