How can I bring my family to the US? 2 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I have a son that is a citizen from the US. He did the I30petition so I can receive my permanent residency. I received the visa and will be going to the US in September to become a permanent resident. the two questions that I have is: when would I be receiving the permanent resident visa card? and 2) How long would it take for my husband and my young son (13 yrs old) come to the usa if I am now a permanent resident of the USA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I guess the larger question to me is why did your son not file for all of you at the same time? Neither here nor there, but to your question: you will receive your green card in 2 to 8 weeks after you enter the US. The Consulate will give you a package that you will give to the US Immigration at the port of entry (airport or otherwise). I don't know how long for your son and husband. If they were not part of your application package, then either your son or you will need to file for them (each with his own application) and you will go from there. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/31/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You will receive your green card a few weeks after you arrive in the U.S. Your son needs to petition for your husband separately. This process takes about one year. You will then need to separately petition for your 13 year old son.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: