How can I bring my boyfriend to the United States? 9 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I am a green card holder, how can I bring my boyfriend into the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
A boyfriend is not a qualifying relationship or relative for whom you can petition. He would need to file for the B-2 visitor visa on his own. If you are engaged and have met physically in the past two years, then he may qualify for the K-1 Fiance visa. Please call me to discuss the details.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/8/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
File form I-130 for him ( ). You should be able to see what kind of documents you will need to file along with it on the form itself. When that form is approved, then USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center and they will hold it until the visa priority date (date USCIS received it) comes up and processing will begin. This process will take years depending on which country she is from. In that time, you can check this link to see where he is on the waiting list: His category will be F1. No one knows how long this will take. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC | Charles Kuck
You can apply for a fiance visa. Please call to discuss the specifics of your case.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/7/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
I would recommend that you naturalize as soon as you are eligible to then apply for his K1 fiance visa. Alternatively, he can try to obtain a nonimmigrant visa such as a student visa (F1), or worker visa (H1B).
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/7/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Your boyfriend may be able to enter on a visitor visa. However, he will not be able to stay and will have to show that he has sufficient ties to his home country and will return. If you were married, you could petition for an immigrant visa. Without knowing more facts, it is not possible to explore your options. You should speak with an immigration attorney regarding your case.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/7/2011
    Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
    Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
    There are many options for non immigrant visas but I would need to know a lot more about your boyfriend, his background, (academic and employment), country of birth. He would be unlikely to be approved to visit a permanent resident girl friend unless he has strong ties to his home country and can prove he has no plans to stay but there are other visa options. I recommend a consultation with him with a copy of his Resume if possible. We would be happy to assess his case, advise more specifics on the procedures, timing and fees if you want to set up a consultation (in person or by phone) with me as indicated below. We do charge for consultation but the consultation fee is then credited 100% toward the fees for his case.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/7/2011
    Johnson & Nicholson, PLLC
    Johnson & Nicholson, PLLC | Carnell Johnson
    If you are engaged, you can apply for a K-1 visa. Our office is willing to assist you with this process. By obtaining this visa, your fiance will be allowed to travel to the U.S. for 90 days, in which time, you are expected to marry and file additional petitions which can result in a green card for your fiance. If you have no intentions of marrying your boyfriend, than the best route would be to apply for a B-2 visa. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 6/6/2011
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    As a green card holder your options are very limited. Hopefully you're eligible to apply for citizenship or close to that time.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 6/7/2011
    Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
    Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
    As a green card holder you are not eligible for a fiance visa. You can get married overseas and then petition for him to come here or you can become a citizen and choose between a fiance visa to get married here or a spouse visa if you marry overseas. Depending on where your boyfriend is it can take many years for a visa to be approved if you are a green card holder, but would be about a year for a citizen.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: