How can I bring my boyfriend from the Dominican Republic ? 6 Answers as of April 19, 2011

I would like to bring my 4 year boyfriend from the Dominican Republic. And I need to know how to go about and do that.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
If you are a US citizen. Then you have a few options, either file a fiance petition or go to DR and marry him then petition for him as his wife.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/19/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Assuming you are U.S. Citizen you have to file an I-129F (Fiancee) Petition if you are not married. If you can married, then you file an I-130 Petition. After the I-129 is approved, he will have to apply for a K-1 visa. Once it is issued he can come to the U.S. and you two must get married within 90 days. Once married he can file his Green Card by filing for adjustment of status.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You will need to file Form I-129F and provide your birth certificate or US Passport, if married before provide divorce decree, a statement from the both of you that you intend to marry within 90 days of his entering the US, 2 passport photos of each of you. Also complete Form G-325A for each. You could also go down to DR and marry there and come back here and petition for him. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If you are engaged or married, you can sponsor him through the three step consular processing for either a fiancee visa or a green card. Otherwise he needs to find his own way to be in the US, like employment or going back to school. For details on these options to determine his eligibility, please feel free to visit my website.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
The first question is whether you are a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. A U.S. citizen may bring either their spouse or their fiancee through a special petition. This means that if you are a U.S. citizen, you can either go to the DR and get married, then file an I-130 petition and then complete consular processing. Your boyfriend/new spouse will enter the U.S. as a conditional permanent resident.

The process takes approximately 6- 12 months depending on the consulate. If you want to bring him as a fiance, you will need to file an I-129F petition and then complete consular processing. The time frame is only slightly shorter and you will need to get married within 90 days of his entry. If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident, only the I-130 petition option is available to you and there is a wait. That category would be F2A and you can monitor the wait/line on the department of state website. Look for visa bulletins.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: