How can I become a legal resident in order to care for my children? 4 Answers as of January 12, 2011

My parents brought me here when I was 4 1/2 years old. I am now 30, and a single father of 3 amazing children. My question is, how/what can I do to become legal. I am all my children have. I want to be able to guarantee that I am not going anywhere. Please any info would be greatly appreciated. (I have gone through k-12 and some college here as well)

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
We would be happy to explore what options you may have. How old are your children? Are you married? What status is your wife? We do charge for consultations $350 per hour - but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/12/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
The courts do not like to deport a parent if it causes extreme hardship on the US citizen spouse, parent, or children. The criteria is strict so please see a lawyer for help. The age of your children can be a factor.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/10/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You might be eligible for cancellation of removal for non-legal permanent residents. However, this is something that you should consider only after meeting with an experience immigration removal attorney. Filing for their type of relief requires you to be put into removal/deportation proceedings. If you application is denied you would be deported/removed from the U.S.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/10/2011
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Just too bad the DREAM Act did not passed...There is unfortunately no law that guarantees the right to stay in the US just because you have children born here. maybe you can qualify for a green card in a different manner but I would need a lot more information...How did you enter the US? Did anyone ever filed anything for you or your parents? Have been been a victim of any crimes, etc....
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: