How can I become emancipated from my parents? Posted on May 12, 2011

Im 17 years old and live in the state of Texas. About 3 years ago my mom and I got into an argument. My mom got really mad at me and followed me into my room and started hitting me(its not the first time she has hit my brother or I). I have pictures of the scratches, marks, and nail marks she left on me. After that night she kicked me out if her home and I moved in with my grandparents. Recently she has moved into my home with my grandparents and I. For the past month that she has lived here she has gotten mad about everything I do, and nothing I do is good enough for her. My grandparents wont say anything to her because she is my mom and wont get in the way of her 'parenting'. Last week my mom told me I was an embarrassment and that my head was twisted. Im afraid she is going to start doing the same pattern as what she used to do and I feel as if I need to do something. I have recently started working and my grandparents say I can continue living with them. Can I become emancipated? My dad said he would sign off on the emancipation papers because he knows how my mom has been acting for the past 9 years. She has constantly put him in and out of jail. Please help me and tell me what I can do to start my emancipation process.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: