How can I become a citizen through my parents? 8 Answers as of August 10, 2011

What can I do or talk to, to get my citizenship through my parent? I been trying to become a citizen but I dont know what to do I need help. Please help me. Thank you for your time.

Your question is very vague and contains no facts.
Replied: 8/10/2011, PC, PC | Scott D. Mills
Hire a qualified Immigration Lawyer.
Orbit Law, PLLC
Orbit Law, PLLC | Kripa Upadhyay
Generally, If either one of your parents is a U.S. Citizen, you can derive citizenship through them. Derivative Citizenship is citizenship conveyed to children through the naturalization of parents or, under certain circumstances, to foreign-born children adopted by US Citizens. The law that currently governs derivative citizenship is the Child Citizenship Act of 2000. If you are under 18 years of age, to become a citizen, you must meet the requirements.
Your question is not clear. How old are you? how did you come to US? What is your immigration status. The right answer to you depends on so much more information. You should consult a lawyer offline with all your paper work.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
This question is way too broad. I cant tell what your current status is. If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident, you do not need your parents usually. If you are not a Lawful Permanent Resident, you need to either check out the uscis website at and look at the instructions for the I-130 petition for alien relative to see if you qualify. Otherwise, you need to meet with an experienced immigration attorney to go over your case.
    If you are under 21 years of age you are deemed to be an immediate relative and thus can file immigration papers concurrently to adjust status. If you are over 21 years then you would have to wait until your visa number becomes current before you can adjust your status.
    All American Immigration
    All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
    Go to then click on the word "FORMS" in the upper left. Then scroll down to form N-600. Click on it. See if you qualify. If you do, print out the form. (Print out the instructions too. Both the instructions with the link at the top to the Form N-600 and the older instructions linked to right under the link to the form.) It's always smart to get a second opinion.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    your question is too vague. You must state your current immigration status, your age, your parents' immigration status, etc.