How can I be removed from my ex husband's credit report? 3 Answers as of February 21, 2013

I am looking to get something joint removed from my ex-husbands credit report.

If he is a co signer on the account you can not remove it. Credit reports just show information so you will not likely remove it unless you can prove it should have never been there in the first place.
Ken Love Law | Kenneth Love
If you have a joint debt, there is no legal way to remove it. It can only be removed once the time for it to come off has happened...unless fraud is the reason it appears.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
You probably cannot. If the debt was a joint debt (i.e., you both signed the contract), your credit will be negatively impacted by non-payment (even if under the divorce settlement or judgment your ex agreed to pay the debt). Since the creditor is not a party to the divorce settlement/judgment, it can still pursue both or either of you for nonpayment. You may want to call the creditor and see if they will agree to a settlement with you, alone, so that your name is removed from negative credit reporting by the creditor.